Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Da...@kp.org on 2002/10/28 23:33:17 UTC

How to make Axis work in WSAD

I have successfully installed Axis into Tomcat 4.1.10. I can bring up the
AdminServlet OK, the validation page looks OK, and I successfully ran the
Calculator.jws/CalClient  example program.

Now I'm trying to install Axis into WSAD 4.0 (Websphere Studio Application
Developer). The validation page looks OK, but the AdminServlet give me a
500 error:

Error Message: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String;
not found
Error Code: 500
Target Servlet: null
Error Stack:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found
     at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java:104)

etc.

The calculator service does not work either in WSAD with the same error
message.

Is there anything I have to do especially for the WSAD environment to get
it to work? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: How to make Axis work in WSAD

Posted by Selvakumar Ganesan <se...@wipro.com>.
David,
I await the answer too. I am trying to run it within Eclipse. Will post here if I make any progress.

regards,
Selva.
  I have successfully installed Axis into Tomcat 4.1.10. I can bring up the AdminServlet OK, the validation page looks OK, and I successfully ran the Calculator.jws/CalClient  example program.

  Now I'm trying to install Axis into WSAD 4.0 (Websphere Studio Application Developer). The validation page looks OK, but the AdminServlet give me a 500 error:

  Error Message: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found
  Error Code: 500
  Target Servlet: null
  Error Stack:
  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 09:33, David.Pool@kp.org wrote:
> I have successfully installed Axis into Tomcat 4.1.10. I can bring up the
> AdminServlet OK, the validation page looks OK, and I successfully ran the
> Calculator.jws/CalClient  example program.
>
> Now I'm trying to install Axis into WSAD 4.0 (Websphere Studio Application
> Developer). The validation page looks OK, but the AdminServlet give me a
> 500 error:
>
> Error Message: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String;
> not found
> Error Code: 500
> Target Servlet: null
> Error Stack:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
> getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found
>      at
> org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java:104)
>
> etc.

Looks like a problem with the dom apis loaded into your environment. I
don't use WSAD so I can't tell you how to fix it but start by checking
for jars that export org.w3c.dom.Node in your WSAD classpath and replace
them with more recent versions.

If you using jdk 1.4 you should also ensure that the correct version of
xerces is in your jre lib/ext.

> The calculator service does not work either in WSAD with the same error
> message.
>
> Is there anything I have to do especially for the WSAD environment to get
> it to work? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

-k.

--
If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

Website: http://www.rocketred.com.au/blogs/kevin/