Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2008/01/15 04:00:50 UTC

Karma granting (RE: svn commit: r611633)

> To grant this authorization, update the file
>    infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-authorization

Please note: there is special karma required to edit that file.  PMC Chairs have it, as do select others.  In the Incubator, we are blessed to have a fair number of PMC members who do have karma for asf-authorization, but we do not give out *that* karma.  So not all Mentors will be able to grant authorizations.  They should simply follow through to make sure that any of us who *do* have the karma, implement the karma grant.

	--- Noel

Re: Karma granting (RE: svn commit: r611633)

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Noel,

This is the kind of thing that IMHO we need to clarify in our written
doc.

If a Mentor is not a PMC chair or an svnadmin, what should we suggest?

"If no Mentor is authorized to update the file, send email to
incubator-general and request someone update the file"

"If no Mentor is authorized to update the file, create an
infrastructure JIRA and request someone update the file"

Something else?

Craig

On Jan 14, 2008, at 7:00 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> To grant this authorization, update the file
>>   infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-authorization
>
> Please note: there is special karma required to edit that file.  PMC
> Chairs have it, as do select others.  In the Incubator, we are
> blessed to have a fair number of PMC members who do have karma for
> asf-authorization, but we do not give out *that* karma.  So not all
> Mentors will be able to grant authorizations.  They should simply
> follow through to make sure that any of us who *do* have the karma,
> implement the karma grant.
>
> 	--- Noel

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

RE: Karma granting (RE: svn commit: r611633)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Craig Russell wrote:

> I don't think that granting karma to podlings should be a task for the
> incubator PMC chair.  It just doesn't scale.

Hence my comments:

>> Please note: there is special karma required to edit
[asf-authorization]

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.