Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Shital Patil <sh...@gslab.com> on 2014/04/16 06:49:20 UTC

Chunked upload with glance

Hi,
I am trying to upload big images using *jclouds glance labs 1.8.0 and jdk
1.7*. With jclouds glance we can upload small images. But when we try large
images it throws -

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot transfer 2 GB or larger chunks
due to JDK 1.6 limitations. Use chunked encoding or multi-part upload, if
possible. For more information:
EXception Cannot transfer 2 GB or larger chunks due to JDK 1.6 limitations.
Use chunked encoding or multi-part upload, if possible. For more
information: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6755625

How to specify chunked upload option ?
How to do multi-part upload?

Thank you

Re: Chunked upload with glance

Posted by Shital Patil <sh...@gslab.com>.
Hi,
After debugging the openstack glance labs 1.8.0 code we came across  a code
in JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorService.java

checkArgument(length <= Integer.MAX_VALUE,
                  "Cannot transfer 2 GB or larger chunks due to JDK 1.6
limitations." +
                  " Use chunked encoding or multi-part upload, if
possible." +
                  " For more information:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6755625");
Which gets executed  and it is responsible for throwing illegalArgument
exception

We added a field Transfer-Encoding=[chunked] into hashmap inside
updateImageOptions  it does not go into headers

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/