Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/18 23:13:17 UTC

Karaf - Bundles/features and configurations

Hello,
I have started karaf successfully and also installed some features as well.
I would like to know where does Karaf maintain the bundles/features
configuration  that its currently configured. (List of currently installed
features and bundles).

I looked at the maven repo and also at the etc folder. I cannot find it.

Can someone point me to the right document on this one?

Thanks
Matt

Re: Karaf - Bundles/features and configurations

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Sep 18, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Matt Madhavan wrote:

> Hi Achim,
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> Also where does Karaf keep track of the features that are installed
> including the features I installed and the bundles I installed as well.

The feature service keeps track of its current state, including installed feature repositories and installed features, using config admin.  that means its in a file in the data area somewhere, and you shouldn't edit it by hand.  The bundles are just installed in the framework using the url from the feature so typically they too are cached by the framework.  If you start karaf with the clean option all this will be forgotten.

> I'm now testing KARAF as a viable development tool (And am starting to love
> it). I would like to replicate the same configuration that I have in other
> developers machines as well.

I'd advise you to use karaf trunk (3) and assemble a custom karaf assembly with the feature repos and features you want preinstalled.  The apache-karaf-full (soon to be renamed apache-karaf) and apache-karaf-minimal servers are assembled this way in trunk.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Matt,

the standard and enterprise features are in the Karaf System Repository
which can be found
at  $KARAF-HOME/system/org/apache/karaf/assemblies/features/

Regards, Achim

-----

OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>  Committer & Project Lead