Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 12:45:08 UTC

question about POMs in (new) trunk

The POMs in the new trunk don't set versions for dependencies on other
arhiva modules. Maven has no issue with that when running mvn install.

I tried to do the same on my project and got error :
Validation Messages:

    [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
com.capgemini.quickstart:quickstart-model

Reason: Failed to validate POM

I don't see any special version setting in archiva. Did I miss something ?

Nico.

Re: question about POMs in (new) trunk

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
Adding " <version>${project.version}</version> " on my modules dependencies
solves this.
What maven hack is used by archiva ???

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've made some test on minimalist POM hierarchy and having multi-level
parents OR setting version using dependencyManagement doesn't break the
ability to setup eclipse without having the project installed in local
repository..

You can take a look at my poms here : http://ndeloof.free.fr/temp/poms.zip

test (pom)
 |_ test-one (pom)
 |    |_ sub-test-one (jar)
 |_test-two (pom)
     |_ sub-test-two (jar) with dependency on sub-test-one

mvn eclipse:eclipse creates the expected .classpath in sub-test-two and
doesn't requires the jars in local repo neither tries to download them.

I don't understand why this fails with archiva-webapp

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
That's expected.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.