Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Scott Kinney <sc...@stem.com> on 2016/07/01 20:20:18 UTC

missing data in json structure when using web / api

When i query from sqlline i can see all the data, very complicated / nested json structure but when i query with the api or the web ui a lot of the data is missing.

?

________________________________
Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem <http://www.stem.com/>   |   m  510.282.1299
100 Rollins Road, Millbrae, California 94030

This e-mail and/or any attachments contain Stem, Inc. confidential and proprietary information and material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use or distribution that has not been expressly authorized by Stem, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

Re: missing data in json structure when using web / api

Posted by Parth Chandra <pc...@maprtech.com>.
As John hinted, a session is not maintained by the UI/REST api unless
impersonation is enabled. So your alter session commands will have no
effect on the query.
That does not explain why you are not getting full results though. Is it
possible that the query is getting an error because your session options
are not taking effect and that error is not being reported correctly.
I'm speculating that this might be a case that there are partial results
that are returned, then the query hits a schema change exception (because
maybe all text mode is not enabled) and that is causing early termination
of the query.

--
Sent from my iThing

Re: missing data in json structure when using web / api

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.

--
Sent from my iThing