Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr> on 2013/07/23 10:20:00 UTC

Cloudstack can't deploy new vm

Hi,

We have a problem with our CloudStack.
We can't deploying new instance. When we try to deploy new vm we have a short error message on the CloudStack interface : "Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-3-2764-VM]" . We have the same error when we deploy new instance from iso or template.
In the event page on CS, we have :

VM.CREATE 	Error while starting Vm. Vm Id: 2764 	pierre.benard@inria.fr 	22 Jul 2013 13:15:47
VM.CREATE 	Starting job for starting Vm. Vm Id: 2764 	pierre.benard@inria.fr 	22 Jul 2013 13:15:47
VM.CREATE 	Scheduled async job for starting Vm. Vm Id: 2764 	pierre.benard@inria.fr 	22 Jul 2013 13:15:46
VM.CREATE 	Successfully created entity for deploying Vm. Vm Id: 2764 	pierre.benard@inria.fr 	22 Jul 2013 13:15:46

Isn't really verbose ...

All the other instance are continuous to running correctly, we can stop/start it.
There is no significant error in the log files of CloudStack server and on each we sufficient resources to deploy many instances.
The SSVM and primary storage are available.

Our CloudStack environment :
* CloudStack v3
* 1 pod of 4 clusters KVM, each cluster has 4 KVM hypervisor

Please Suggest.

Thank you.

Pierre Bénard
System engineer

Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique

Campus universitaire de Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex
Tél. +33 2 99 84 71 00
Fax +33 2 99 84 71 71
www.inria.fr

Suivez‐nous sur :
Twitter twitter.com/inria
YouTube youtube.com/inriachannel

Re: Cloudstack can't deploy new vm

Posted by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>.
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.
I've done the test, I've created new user and I've tried to create new vm with him. We have exactly the same error.

Regards,

Pierre

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Good that it works now, could you create a bug at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK

thanks

-Sebastien

Posted by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>.
Hi,

Posted by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>.
Yes it's all.

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
That's all that's in your log?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The log is really short for today (we've made some creating tests today):
>
> 2013-07-23 14:55:58,608 ERROR [cloud.server.ManagementServerImpl]
> (catalina-exec-10:null) Incorrect format of the template id 460
> 2013-07-23 14:55:59,858 ERROR [cloud.server.ManagementServerImpl]
> (catalina-exec-6:null) Incorrect format of the template id 439
>
> The precedent log is dated on 21th, and it is short too :
>
> 2013-07-21 15:17:08,664 ERROR [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
> (Job-Executor-32:job-10294) Exception while executing StopVMCmd:
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: We cannot stop
> VM[User|i-451-2756-VM] when it is in state Starting
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStop(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:1005)
>         at
> com.cloud.vm.UserVmManagerImpl.stopVirtualMachine(UserVmManagerImpl.java:2776)
>         at
> com.cloud.event.ActionEventCallback.intercept(ActionEventCallback.java:32)
>         at com.cloud.api.commands.StopVMCmd.execute(StopVMCmd.java:114)
>         at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:132)
>         at
> com.cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl$1.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:427)
>         at
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
>         at
>         at
>

> Regards,
>

> Pierre

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

Re: Cloudstack can't deploy new vm

Posted by Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>.
Hi,

The log is really short for today (we've made some creating tests today):

2013-07-23 14:55:58,608 ERROR [cloud.server.ManagementServerImpl] (catalina-exec-10:null) Incorrect format of the template id 460
2013-07-23 14:55:59,858 ERROR [cloud.server.ManagementServerImpl] (catalina-exec-6:null) Incorrect format of the template id 439

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, saw you're on v3. the correct location is:
/var/log/cloud/management/management-server.log

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Please paste the contents
> of /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log to PasteBin so that
> we can analyze that.
>

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Pierre Benard <pi...@inria.fr>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for your answer.
>>
>> Our virtual router vm was used @50% of CPU and the network traffic it was
>> amazing.
>> We had some system scripts who send DNS request storm on virtual router.
>> Now, we have corrected this and now the usage of cpu is under 1% and
>> network traffic is "normal".
>>
>> But, this operation don't be resolving our problems of new instance
>> deployment :-(
>>
>> Somebody has an other idea ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Pierre