Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kenneth Lee <kl...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/25 19:10:15 UTC

Bug with html-el taglib

I posted this into the bug database, but I wanted to see if anyone else
has had this experience.

When using the expression language versions of the struts taglibs, I
encountered a problem where the <html:errors /> tag would generate a
NullPointerException.  No stack trace was generated, so I downloaded the
source and looked around.  It seems that the name property of the tag
(which normally defaults to Global.ERROR_KEY) gets wiped out by the
evaluateExpressions() method of ELErrorsTag.  I put a null check on the
setName() method, and the NPE went away.  However, I'm not sure if this
is going to break something in the long run.

Has anyone else seen something like this?