Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sasa STUPAR <sa...@stupar.homelinux.net> on 2003/05/04 09:11:26 UTC

[users@httpd] UserDir

Hi!

I am running apache 2.0.45 under RH8 linux. I would like to enable for
my users to have there own webpage. I have added this to my httpd.conf:
-----------
UserDir www

<Directory /home/*/www>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>
----------
The problem is that when I want to go to ex. httpd://mydomain.com/~username
I get 403 Forbiden error.

Am I missing something ?

Sasa

[users@httpd] SSI ?

Posted by Gordon Stewart <go...@slingshot.co.nz>.
Hi there

Ive d/loaded Apache last night - ive got it going - However Ive followed
all the instructions but cant get SSI to operate / parse my shtml files

<

PS - i've got :-

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

in the httpd.conf file..

& ive also got

     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +Includes

Is there anything else I should do - to activate SSI ?

PS - im on a WIN 98 system

G.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Sasa STUPAR wrote:
> OK, I have got it working now. I have change definition for directory in
> httpd.conf and now it works. Thanks for the help.

<snip>

lol I didn't even think of that. :) Glad to have helped in some tiny way.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Sasa STUPAR <sa...@stupar.homelinux.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Sasa STUPAR <sa...@stupar.homelinux.net>.
yes

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Sasa STUPAR <sa...@stupar.homelinux.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] UserDir

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Sasa STUPAR wrote:
> I have created www directory with chmod 777. Users belong to the apache
> group and the server runs as user=apache and group=apache. This is the
> error:
> -------
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /~pust on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
> Any other ideas?
>
> Sasa
<snip>