Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ba...@wipro.com on 2004/10/25 20:08:53 UTC

cocoon date problem

Hi all,

I am facing a problem with date datatype in cocoon. I have some widgets
of the datatype as date in cforms. And when we try to get the values
from the widget I am  getting the date as one day previous to the date I
actually entered in the UI (ie., if i enter 02-03-2004 i get
01-03-2004). I am using cocoon version 2.1.5. Can anyone tell me what
needs to be done and is there any configuration needs to be done for
this in cocoon.

Thanks and Regards,

Baskar.

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Re: cocoon date problem

Posted by Adam Walsh <aw...@contal.net.au>.
Hi Baskar,

you might want to have a look this thread:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109102502018016&w=2

I had the same problem and found that it was a problem with the
com.ibm.icu.text.SimpleDateFormat class that's in WEB-INF/lib/icu4j.jar.
I rebuilt cocoon excluding all the blocks I didn't need (which I should
have done earlier anyway) and apparently the new build didn't require
icu4j.jar and the issue went away. That may not work for you depending
on what blocks you need, but worth a shot.

HTH,
Adam