Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/12/05 05:03:55 UTC

Re: forrestbot.cocoondev.org

Steven Noels wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>> forrestbot.cocoondev.org is very very old and still coming up in
>> google results.  And an ASF-wide implementation is under planning.
>> Can this site be taken offline please?
>
> I can do that, easily - but can I see a Forrest PMC consensus about this?

Well we had the vote and it was unanimous consensus
of the PMC.

Before we follow on and ask for it to be turned off,
are the following projects still using it?

xml-xindice
xml-fop
avalon-site
avalon-phoenix
ws-site

Re: forrestbot.cocoondev.org

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
The Web Maestro wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2004, at 8:03 PM, David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:

>>> I can do that, easily - but can I see a Forrest PMC consensus about
>>> this?
>>

>> Well we had the vote and it was unanimous consensus
>> of the PMC.
>>
>> Before we follow on and ask for it to be turned off,
>> are the following projects still using it?
>>
>> xml-xindice
>> xml-fop
>> avalon-site
>> avalon-phoenix
>> ws-site
>

> I believe xml-fop and xmlgraphics would like to use (or a more
> up-to-date version when it's available).

It is great that you *want* to use the new one.
Many projects do. But the first job is to close down
the old one. Thanks for letting us know.
--David

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.

--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>