Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by carlos beltran <cb...@aitek.it> on 2001/03/08 17:04:12 UTC

JSP & Portlets

Hi,

I am trying to load a jsp page with a FileServerPorlet and also from a
WebPagePortlet...but it doesn't.

The java code in the jsp page is directly copy to the final html source  and it
is not processed.
Should these portlet be able to process jsp pages? If not!, is there a way to do
this?

Thanks! And sorry if this question was already done.

Carlos.

Re: JSP & Portlets

Posted by ingo schuster <in...@web.de>.
At 17:04 03/08/01, carlos beltran wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to load a jsp page with a FileServerPorlet and also from a
>WebPagePortlet...but it doesn't.
>
>The java code in the jsp page is directly copy to the final html
>source  and it
>is not processed.
>Should these portlet be able to process jsp pages? If not!, is there a way
>to do
>this?

You need to use the EcsServletElement. I have a pice of code that does
this, the ServletInvokerPortlet. Seems as if I never committed it.
Just checked it into the portlets directory...

use this in the portlet registry:
<portlet-entry type="abstract" name="JSP">
    <classname>org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.ServletInvokerPortlet</classname>
</portlet-entry>

Note that this will have the same problems lke the customizer when used
with velocity as it uses the EcsServletElement.

ingo