Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trevor Croft <tr...@croftfamily.net> on 2007/05/25 22:31:04 UTC

2.0 roadmap ?

Greetings.  I've been using mina 1.1 for a couple months now and have
really enjoyed it.

I'm about ready to rip out some home brew networking stuff and replace
it with mina.

Out of curiosity, are there any time frames for the 2.0 branch release
?  Are there any documents that indicate the big changes ?  I've
reviewed the jira trackers and roadmap, but they don't give a good
indication for time frame.

Thanks !

-Trev

Re: 2.0 roadmap ?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trevor,

I am sorry for the late response.  I've just married, you know! ;)

On 5/26/07, Trevor Croft <tr...@croftfamily.net> wrote:
> Greetings.  I've been using mina 1.1 for a couple months now and have
> really enjoyed it.

Good to hear that.  Please let us know whenever you have any problem
with MINA.  We love to listen to what causes you to feel uncomfortable
to use MINA.

> I'm about ready to rip out some home brew networking stuff and replace
> it with mina.
>
> Out of curiosity, are there any time frames for the 2.0 branch release
> ?  Are there any documents that indicate the big changes ?  I've
> reviewed the jira trackers and roadmap, but they don't give a good
> indication for time frame.

We actually don't have any exact date for the new release.  We are
still gathering users' opinion on what was bad in 1.x.  I might have
more time to spend for MINA in the near future, but not right now.
But I am not the only committer/contributor, so other crew and
potential contributors including you will accelerate the progress. :)

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--