Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> on 2018/07/24 22:35:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1

Dear community,

I would like to release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1.

Changes since last round:

 * https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/2.1.2...2.2.0-RC1

Release notes:

 * http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/2.2.html

This is a big release, so your attention to detail is very much appreciated.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so dig right in!

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/2.2.0/rc.1/

There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC1" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 2.2.0.
Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
Joan "release all the things!" Touzet
Apache CouchDB PMC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CouchDB 2.2.0-RC1

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

This is a big release, thanks everyone who had a hand in it.

Especially Joan, for the release- and project management.

Tested:

- signatures: check
- Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6)
- Mac OS High Sierra (10.14.5)
- FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p11
- Ubuntu 14.04

Mac binaries for your consideration:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/mac/2.2.0/rc.1/

Best
Jan
—

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
CentOS 7, Erlang 20 from Erlang Solutions, couch-js packages from CouchDB

Instructions with all the steps:

https://gist.github.com/nickva/3b591654a523613e191463c5030406db

+1

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
+1

{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"2.2.0","git_sha":"10c19dc","features":["pluggable-storage-engines","scheduler"],"vendor":{"name":"The
Apache Software Foundation"}}

Macosx 10.13.6
Erlang 20

Thanks everyone and specially to Joan for doing the release.

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Here is my own vote. TL;DR: +1

* Tested on Windows 10 x64, all the latest updates, Erlang 18.3
* SHA256 and SHA512 match
* Cannot validate my own signature meaningfully, skipped
* `make -f Makefile.win check` passes all tests!!!
* Was able to build the binary installer, this is NOT yet signed by Symantec (we are almost out of signatures, contract is being renewed)
* Uploaded binary installer for your testing pleasure to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/binary/win/2.2.0/rc.1/

* Installed binary installer on different machine, Windows 7 x64, latest patches, after uninstalling 2.1.2
* GET / returns: {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"2.2.0","git_sha":"10c19dc","features":["pluggable-storage-engines","scheduler"],"vendor":{"name":"The Apache Software Foundation"}}

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
+1

* Tested using couchdb-docker Dockerfile modified to point at release candidate. Image builds and runs OK.

{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"2.2.0","git_sha":"10c19dc","features":["pluggable-storage-engines","scheduler"],"vendor":{"name":"The Apache Software Foundation"}}

Adam