Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Spindler <br...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/12 17:46:49 UTC

Cassandra lucene secondary indexes

Hi all, we recently started using the cassandra-lucene secondary index
support that Instaclustr recently assumed ownership of, thank you btw!

We are experiencing a strange issue where adding/removing nodes fails and
the joining node is left hung with a compaction "Secondary index build" and
it just never completes.

We're running v3.11.3 of Cassandra and the plugin, has anyone experienced
this before?

It's a relatively small cluster ~6 nodes in our user acceptance environment
and so not a lot of load either.

Thanks!

--
-Brian