Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/22 07:30:27 UTC

Caja implemetation in PHP Shindig

Hi,

Are we having any plans to have caja implementation in PHP Shindig ?

--
Ram Sharma
Software Engineer

Re: Caja implemetation in PHP Shindig

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.

>>> That's not really viable. You'd have to port all of this:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/google-caja/source/browse
>>>

>> Quite correct, but Caja can be run as a Web service or from the
>> command
>> line.
>>
> Thanks ihab & Kevin for the reply.
>
> Ihab can you tell me how I can use it as web service or command line ?

Hmm, 250 files and 27934 lines of java code .. could take a couple of
months to port if you were going to do that, but hey thats about the
size of shindig too, so never say never, you just need someone mad
enough to do it :)

The command line or web service model is purely theoretical right now,
for one Caja isn't quite 100% production ready yet so we haven't
really actually started on this, it's more of a theoretical option
that practice right now.

However i don't see why it wouldn't be relatively simple to create..
All you need to be able to cajole, is feed it some text and read some
text back.. not the most complicated of actions :)

	-- Chris

Re: Caja implemetation in PHP Shindig

Posted by Ram Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ih...@gmail.com.