Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2002/01/24 18:54:33 UTC

[WARN] Build with 'compile' target fails

Something's went wrong in the latest updates. Build 'compile' fails with:

     [echo] Building with Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on October 11 2001
     [echo] using build file D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\build.xml
     [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\tools\anttasks
    [javac] D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\tools\src\JTidyTask.java:31:
Class org.w3c.tidy.Tidy not found in import.
    [javac] import org.w3c.tidy.Tidy;
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] 1 error

Can anybody look at this?

Best regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian

RE: [WARN] Build with 'compile' target fails

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
I got this, too.

The reason is that the build.bat copies .jar files into the tools/
directory, where Ant is, so they are available when running Ant. However, if
you have set ANT_HOME yourself, then the copied jars are not available to
*your* copy of Ant.

So unset ANT_HOME and try again...

/LS

Re: [WARN] Build with 'compile' target fails

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>
>

> > Something's went wrong in the latest updates. Build 'compile' fails
with:

> >      [echo] Building with Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on October 11 2001
> >      [echo] using build file D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\build.xml

     [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
> >     [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
> > D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\tools\anttasks
> >     [javac] D:\Java\repository\xml-cocoon2\tools\src\JTidyTask.java:31:
> > Class org.w3c.tidy.Tidy not found in import.
> >     [javac] import org.w3c.tidy.Tidy;
> >     [javac]        ^
> >     [javac] 1 error
>
> All builds work correctly if you use build.sh or build.bat in root cocoon
> dir.

I've been using AntRunner from JBuilder. Before the last update everything
were fine.

> In fact, in one of the latest updates, new targets were added with new
> tasks, and of these, JTidyTask, uses jTidy, as the stacktrace clearly
> indicates. JTidy jar is copied in the tools/lib dir with xerces and xalan
> now:
> (build.bat)...
> copy lib\optional\jtidy*.jar tools\lib
>
> If you use build.xml directy just copy the jTidy jar in tools/lib from
> lib/optional and all should compile.

What do you mean by 'directly'? AntRunner runs build.bat from C2 and is
setup to use Ant form C2.

I've just run build.bat from the command line and after that AntRunner went
fine. Something's must be wrong in my configuration. Have to look at it.

Thank you for the answer.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
I have Ant 1.4.1 installed on my machine (W2K, JDK1.3.1):

C:\>ant -version
Ant version 1.4.1 compiled on October 11 2001

I was only able to get build.bat up & running when un-setting my
systemwide ANT_HOME environment variable so that the following lines in
the build.bat file could do their work:

if not "%ANT_HOME%" == "" goto gotAntHome
set ANT_HOME=tools
:gotAntHome

When ANT_HOME remains set to the system-wide setting, build.bat fails
when compiling the JTidy Helper class because it can't import jtidy.jar.

Why should ANT_HOME be set to the cocoon tools directory?

</Steven>

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com>.
From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>