Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2017/02/09 17:29:58 UTC

Re: New type of monstrosity / RFC Pedantry

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Groach wrote:

> https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png
>
> Come on chaps and chapesses.  Nothing is going to be concluded between you
> too.  And having the last word doesnt make one better than the others (and it
> still doesnt make you right).
>
> Just agree that neither of you is going to convince the other or leave them
> happy.
>
> Life is short....and this is silly.

Agreed.

RFC compliance is relevant to this list only insofar as it is a useful
spam sign. SA is *not* an RFC-compliance-verification tool.

Whether or not "undisclosed recipients:" is valid per RFCs is off topic
for this list, and is engendering a lot of ill will and increasingly
personal attacks.

Ruga: if you can show that "undisclosed recipients:" occurs *significantly
more often* in spam than in ham, the topic is germane to this list.

Warning to all: the banhammer is being warmed up. Please, everyone, just
stop now, before it's too late.

   Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products.
                           -- Arno Edelmann, Microsoft product manager
  3 days until Abraham Lincoln's and Charles Darwin's 208th Birthdays