Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/02/04 23:07:55 UTC

getAllSessions (was licensing and security)

Nathaniel Alfred wrote:

> [...]

<snip/>

>Therefore, you should sell your customer at least the compromise, that
>the second login succeeds but dumps the first login.
>
>To implement that one only needs to loop over all existing sessions and
>expire immediately those with the same credentials.  (I have currently
>no idea, where this could be done.)

Well, good question. I think there used to be quite useful methods
within the old servlet API, but
they all got deprecated.

But maybe this helps:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Java/Q_20334258.html#1

Michael

Re: getAllSessions (was licensing and security)

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Michael Wechner dijo:
> Nathaniel Alfred wrote:

Good point Michael. Thanks for the info. Carsten alerted about the changes
in the new servlet API. This is a waiting change that will be address. If
I remember well, Carsten told that this will be corrected until april this
year. These is one of the reasons why the <xsp-session:getxml> was not
included in 2.1. :-(. But you can download it from the patch at bugzilla.
the error of the patch is 13070. (I remember that!)

The Cocoon developers does not want to add new features until the changes
to the session and authentication framework are done.

Maybe after that we will see another approach to this. Until then we can
use the current approach - Servlet API 2.2. And be prepared for the next
release of this stuff.

Best Regards

Antonio Gallardo.