Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/08/08 10:19:56 UTC

How to submit IP Clearance

hey folks,

the apache lucene project currently works on a code donation for
Kuromoji Japanese Analyzer [1]. ICLA, CLA and code grant have been
received and as far as I know we now need to submit the
ip-clearance.xml file to the incubator website. I am wondering how I
submit this or who is going to commit this. I think as a member I can
commit to the incubator svn but I don't want to do this without
explicit permission though.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3305

thanks,

simon

Re: How to submit IP Clearance

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Similar question from me :-)
So I have created a jira : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-115

Thanks
--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Just follow the guide and works like a charm

Thanks !

2011/8/8 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
> On 2011-08-08, Simon Willnauer wrote:
>
>> the apache lucene project currently works on a code donation for
>> Kuromoji Japanese Analyzer [1]. ICLA, CLA and code grant have been
>> received and as far as I know we now need to submit the
>> ip-clearance.xml file to the incubator website.
>
> Correct.  By "submit" it is understood you add it to the incubator
> website, see http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html
>
> This has to be done by somebody with write access to the Incubator svn.
>
> After that you start a lazy consensus vote on the Incubator general list
> prefixed with [IP CLEARANCE] in the subject, wait 72 hours, tally the
> result, done.
>
>> I am wondering how I submit this or who is going to commit this. I
>> think as a member I can commit to the incubator svn but I don't want
>> to do this without explicit permission though.
>
> IMHO, if you already have the karma then just do it (same for Olivier).
>
> Stefan

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com

Re: How to submit IP Clearance

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Aug 8, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> hey folks,
>
> the apache lucene project currently works on a code donation for
> Kuromoji Japanese Analyzer [1]. ICLA, CLA and code grant have been
> received and as far as I know we now need to submit the
> ip-clearance.xml file to the incubator website. I am wondering how I
> submit this or who is going to commit this. I think as a member I can
> commit to the incubator svn but I don't want to do this without
> explicit permission though.

As a Member, you can ask to be on the Incubator PMC, which should then give you the karma once accepted.   Otherwise, I'd be happy to do the commit.