Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Simon Chemouil <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/04 15:08:59 UTC

Re: iPojo with M2Eclipse

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Guillaume Sauthier (Objectweb)
<gu...@objectweb.org> wrote:
> Maybe you could provide a special M2E Configurator that could enable the
> ipojo nature (and this the builder) when any ipojo marker is found.
> In a way that's abusing the M2EConfigurator, because you do not execute any
> maven goals here, but that could work...

Hi Guillaume,

It's been a while since I had the code & reply ready but no time to
actually clean-up the commits.

I don't want to store Eclipse's .project files in my SCM, I went the
route you suggested and implemented a M2E configurator that adds the
iPojo nature (taken by Eclipse iPojo Builder) when it encounters a
project either using the maven-ipojo-bundle or the maven-bundle-plugin
with the bnd-ipojo-plugin (defined in the POM, not in potentially
included bnd files, but if someone needs it I left a method to
implement).

It works pretty well, so I'm thinking contributing it to the Eclipse
iPojo Builder project in OW2 Chameleon. I saw you're involved with
that project as well, would you be interested in the contribution and
if so how should I proceed? I'd rather spend not too much time on
this.

Until then, I have pushed it to GitHub at:
https://github.com/magnet/eclipse-ipojo-builder and I made it "as if
copyright was granted to OW2". It's a few lines of code, I don't
really care what happens one way or another, it just makes sense to
provide it along with the IPojo Eclipse Builder :).

Let me know what you think and how we can merge it upstream.

Cheers,

Simon

Re: iPojo with M2Eclipse

Posted by "Guillaume Sauthier (OW2)" <gu...@ow2.org>.
Hi Simon
Thanks for the contribution

I'm not directly involved in the eclipse-ipojo-builder project, but I'm in
touch with the project lead.
I will give him the link of your github project.

Thanks
--G