Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Daniel <an...@digispec.com> on 1997/12/21 08:38:08 UTC

os-windows/1586: Repetitive call of .exe CGI results in error # 67

>Number:         1586
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Repetitive call of .exe CGI results in error # 67
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
[Intro]
I have written several CGIs in Visual Basic 4 which open a seq text file
to read CGI settings.  Depending on the posted data and the CGI settings,
the CGI will perform whatever task.

[Problem]
After calling the CGI about 2 dozen times, I get a server error:

Error in /cgi-bin/jumpto
The following internal error has occurred:
Too many files Error Number =  67

Error log shows nothing, and can find no info on error #67.

I was fetching a free file number and using that to access the
file.  I then switched to using file #1, and locking it for
read and write.  Same results.

Also, once I get this error, shutting down Apache (Running as a service)
and re launching it, I start over with the CGI running properly untill
it is called about another 2 dozen times.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.digispec.com
Click on the "GO" graphic button that calls a redirect CGI.
Just keep clicking on the "GO" button and you will see what I mean,
if it hasnt already "crashed".

If I cant resolve the problem promptly, I will be forced to down this
feature.

It is not limited to this one CGI, since once the "crash", I can try to
launch an entirely different CGI (.exe written in VB w/VB4CGI) and I
get the same error right off.

Please respond, Iam despirate!
>Fix:
I dont even know what is causing it!  There is *absolutely no* docs
or info on the site (apache.org) detailing *any* internal server errors

%0