Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/27 22:09:56 UTC

ADFFACES-467 Jira and MyFaces TLD Compliance Jira(s)

Hi MyFaces community. I'm trying to resolve a problem in MyFaces documented in
the ADFFACES-467 Jira. According to a comment on the Jira the patch I attached
was for a obsolete branch. However, when I try to use the ADFFACES/faces-1_2
branch I get build errors below when trying to build MyFaces 1.2. The obsolete
branch (ADFFACES/faces-1_2-061113) does not cause this error when building
MyFaces 1.2. So, just have a couple questions:

     1. Does anyone know what is causing the error below ?? And what I need to
do to resolve it ??
     2. How does one know which ADFFACES branch the MyFaces community should be
using for the maven-faces-plugin ??

If I can just figure out where to put the patch I can quickly resolve a number
of Jiras related to TLD issues. Thanks very much for any assistance !! Tim McConnell

[INFO] Building API
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] [faces:generate-components {execution: default}]
(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
[WARNING] Missing <component-family> for "javax.faces.component.UIColumn",
generation of this Component is skipped
[WARNING] Missing <component-family> for "javax.faces.component.UIComponent",
generation of this Component is skipped
[WARNING] Missing <component-family> for
"javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase", generation of this Component is skipped
[WARNING] Missing <component-family> for "javax.faces.component.UIForm",
generation of this Component is skipped
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] null
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.IllegalStateException
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.generator.component.AbstractComponentGenerator.convertStringToBoxedLiteral(AbstractComponentGenerator.java:433)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.generator.component.TrinidadComponentGenerator.writePropertyConstants(TrinidadComponentGenerator.java:127)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.GenerateComponentsMojo._generateComponent(GenerateComponentsMojo.java:199)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.GenerateComponentsMojo._generateComponents(GenerateComponentsMojo.java:99)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild.plugin.faces.GenerateComponentsMojo.execute(GenerateComponentsMojo.java:54)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:420)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
         at
         at

Tim McConnell

Re: ADFFACES-467 Jira and MyFaces TLD Compliance Jira(s)

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruno, that is wonderful news !! Obviously I was not using the correct
branch. I shall now do the same--thanks very much for you assistance.....

Thanks,
Tim McConnell

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.