Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org> on 2006/04/04 23:37:01 UTC

[sablevm] Launching harmony/sablevm and debugging it with DDD

Hi all,

So, I've temporarily modified SableVM's trunk to ignore the Harmony
launcher JNI bug. You can now launch SableVM using the Harmony launcher.

More interestingly, I have written down the precise instructions to get
it all running in debug mode, in DDD, (a nice graphical front-end to
gdb), under Linux/x86.  This should help making SableVM's transition to
Harmony much easier.  Don't hesitate to try it, and maybe eventually to
help with the VMI implementation task.  :-)

It's in a wiki.  Feel free to improve the instructions.

Oh, yes, THE LINK:  http://sablevm.org/wiki/Harmony_Porting_Effort

Have fun!

Etienne

Re: [sablevm] Launching harmony/sablevm and debugging it with DDD

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
awesome!

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab

Re: [sablevm] Launching harmony/sablevm and debugging it with DDD

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Good work.

Regards,
Tim