Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/09/14 13:13:08 UTC

relative path to logicsheet, woes

Hi you lot,

While building tests for a new taglib, I am trying to share a logicsheet
between several folders, requiring me to use a relative path to the
logicsheet.

<?xml-logicsheet href="../crud.xsl"?>

gives me:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\tomcat\webapps\htdocs\cocoon\xml\test\userDisplay\..\crud.xsl (The
system cannot find the file specified)

Is there a solution to this?
I would prefer not to have to put the logicsheet in a JAR yet, it is just
too inconvenient .... I am still making major changes.

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: relative path to logicsheet, woes

Posted by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote :

> <?xml-logicsheet href="../crud.xsl"?>

> gives me:

> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\tomcat\webapps\htdocs\cocoon\xml\test\userDisplay\..\crud.xsl (The
> system cannot find the file specified)

I know that Xerces 1.1.3 has problem with resolving relative path if it's
not an URL. So either you switch to Xerces 1.2 or you load the root
document as an URL('file://...'). That 's the reason why it's working w
ithin a jar, because it use URL ('jar://...')

All the best,

Sebastien