Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2009/07/01 17:43:34 UTC

Cdash scoreboard available for qpid dev use

Hi folks,

As part of migrating the Qpid build system to Cmake, I've also set up
a Cdash dashboard to hold build results. The dashboard gives a good
overall view of the health of the builds; can keep track of which
builds are working and help show some history when they don't.

The dashboard is available at
http://www.riverace.com/CDash-1.4.2/index.php?project=qpid-cpp

I have a RHEL 5 and a Windows XP build daily, reporting results to the
dashboard.

Other people who wish to run builds that contribute to the dashboard
are welcome to. It involves setting up a small script to run the
build/test. The script I use on Linux is:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:$HOME/Desktop/cmake-2.6.2-Linux-i386/bin:
$PATH
export PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG

ctest -S trunk_nightly.cmake -VV > qpid_ctest_trunk.log 2>&1

The -VV > qpid_ctest_trunk.log was useful to me to get things going;
it may not be so useful to you...

I've attached my trunk_nightly.cmake - it sets up the build parameters
you want to use, primes the cmake cache with settings you like, etc.

There's a qpid/cpp/CTestConfig.cmake file in svn that has the settings
for where to send the build results when done. If someone wants to
move this all to some other Apache-maintained location, that's fine as
well.

-Steve

RE: Cdash scoreboard available for qpid dev use

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hmmm... I suppose the mailing list stripped it... Here it is:

# CMake/CTest script to run the daily/nightly build against trunk

set (CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY /qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/cpp)
set (CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY /qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/cpp/rhel5)
set (CTEST_CMAKE_GENERATOR "Unix Makefiles")
set (CTEST_BUILD_COMMAND "make -k")
set (CMAKE_BUILD_COMMAND "make -k")
set (CTEST_SITE "Riverace: RHEL5")
set (CTEST_BUILD_NAME "trunk")

# Wipe the build dir to ensure a clean build
set (CTEST_START_WITH_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY TRUE)

# Set up initial cache entries to get started
set (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "

//Build ACL enforcement broker plugin
BUILD_ACL:BOOL=ON

//Build with CPG support for clustering
BUILD_CLUSTER:BOOL=OFF

//Build with support for Remote DMA protocols
BUILD_RDMA:BOOL=OFF

//Build with Cyrus SASL support
BUILD_SASL:BOOL=ON

//Build with support for SSL
BUILD_SSL:BOOL=ON

//Build with XML Exchange
BUILD_XML:BOOL=OFF

// For backwards compatibility, what version of CMake commands and
// syntax should this version of CMake try to support.
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY:STRING=2.4

//Choose the type of build, options are: None(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS or
// CMAKE_C_FLAGS used) Debug Release RelWithDebInfo MinSizeRel.
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug

//CXX compiler.
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/g++

//C compiler.
CMAKE_C_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/gcc

")

find_program(CTEST_SVN_COMMAND NAMES svn)

set (CTEST_ENVIRONMENT
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/src:/usr/lib")

CTEST_START("Nightly")
CTEST_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY("${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
CTEST_UPDATE(SOURCE "/qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/specs")
CTEST_UPDATE(SOURCE "/qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/gentools")
CTEST_UPDATE(SOURCE "${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}")
CTEST_CONFIGURE(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
CTEST_BUILD(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
CTEST_TEST(BUILD "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}")
CTEST_SUBMIT()

Posted by Ján Sáreník <js...@redhat.com>.
Hi Steve!

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Andrew,

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Thinking of buying ACE support? Ask these 8 questions first

No, I didn't know about EPEL until now. I'm using 2.6.2.

> I've fixed a number of issues due to using cmake 2.4 in
> my recent checkin (principally the 2.4 boost module doesn't set the
> Boost_x_LIBRARY variables).

Ugh. I'm rerunning with a clean checkout now - something broke
overnight looking for boost stuff.

> If  you don't mind and if you're not using cmake from EPEL, it'd be
> useful if we are using the same versions of cmake in the same
places.

> I will attempt to get the version of cmake updated on EPEL,
> but it might
> take me a while. It's certainly easier to only target a single
version
> of cmake.

After the time I spent getting dashboard reporting going I'm hesitant
to rock the boat now for a cmake that's over a year old.

I suspect that when cmake usage picks up the user base will also have
a variety of cmake versions so it's good to get them all working
probably.

-Steve

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 13:01 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> It was quite broken until this morning, at least for me. It works now,
> again, for me.
>
> > I've got some fixes to put in for this and some other cmake
> > issues with
> > f11, so if it works for you don't worry about it.
>
> Let me know if anything still looks odd.

For RHEL 5 are you using the semi official EPEL version cmake which is
version 2.4.8? I've fixed a number of issues due to using cmake 2.4 in
my recent checkin (principally the 2.4 boost module doesn't set the
Boost_x_LIBRARY variables).

If  you don't mind and if you're not using cmake from EPEL, it'd be
useful if we are using the same versions of cmake in the same places.

I will attempt to get the version of cmake updated on EPEL, but it might
take me a while. It's certainly easier to only target a single version
of cmake.

Andrew

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Andrew,

> On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 11:43 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > As part of migrating the Qpid build system to Cmake, I've
> also set up
> > a Cdash dashboard to hold build results. The dashboard gives a
good
> > overall view of the health of the builds; can keep track of which
> > builds are working and help show some history when they don't.
> >
> > The dashboard is available at
> > http://www.riverace.com/CDash-1.4.2/index.php?project=qpid-cpp
> >
> > I have a RHEL 5 and a Windows XP build daily, reporting
> results to the
> > dashboard.
>
> I'd be a little suspicious of your build. As far as I can
> tell the cmake build has been broken since r783877 when the name
> changed from qpidc to
> qpid-cpp for at least f11 and I'd expect for rhel5 too. Perhaps your
> builds aren't completely from scratch?

It was quite broken until this morning, at least for me. It works now,
again, for me.

> I've got some fixes to put in for this and some other cmake
> issues with
> f11, so if it works for you don't worry about it.

Let me know if anything still looks odd.

Thanks,
-Steve

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.