Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rh...@gmu.edu on 2003/09/28 22:19:41 UTC

All,

I am trying to develop a site and wish to hide the default page defined in the welcom-file-list in the xml from displaying in the address bar of the browser.

For example:

If I have a directory called test1 and have an index.jsp defined, I want the user to only see "/test1" in the address bar of the browser and not "/test1/index.jsp".

Has anyone come accross this in the past? Can you provide me the details on how I can accomplish this?

Re: URL: Hiding index.jsp

Posted by "slg.ahlen.quvintheumn" <sl...@telia.com>.

Re: URL: Hiding index.jsp

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Tim Funk" <fu...@joedog.org> wrote in message
> Tomcat4 cannot do this by itself. With the help of apache and directory
> indexing - this can be done  with a little tweaking.
>
> Tomcat5 can hide the name of the welcome-file.

As can Tomcat 3.3.2-dev.

Re: URL: Hiding index.jsp

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Re: URL: Hiding index.jsp