Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Prasanna Kumar Jalakam <pr...@imimobile.com> on 2013/01/23 12:52:16 UTC

LeaderNotAvailable Exception

Hi All,

I am new to Apache Kafka. I am facing an issue while starting the producer.

kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException: Leader not local for topic test partition 0 on broker 0

        at kafka.server.ReplicaManager.getLeaderReplicaIfLocal(ReplicaManager.scala:168)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$22.apply(KafkaApis.scala:423)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$22.apply(KafkaApis.scala:418)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)

I have tried hard to find out. But I am unable to find the solution.

So, Please help me to out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
J. Prasanna Kumar

Re: LeaderNotAvailable Exception

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
> I have only one small doubt. Can we set requests to be consumed by only
> one consumer, means like a pull operation. Once consumed it shouldn't be
> available for other consumers. Is this possible?

It seems you want the data in a topic to be consumed by multiple consumers
in a mutually exclusive way. Kafka offers this via consumer groups using
the zookeeper based consumer. The consumers in a consumer group pull data
from the configured topics in a way that, at a time, no two consumers get
the same data.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: LeaderNotAvailable Exception

Posted by Prasanna Kumar Jalakam <pr...@imimobile.com>.
Hi Neha,

Previously I have tried with trunk branch. After I have tried with 0.7
stable version. Now I am able to run some samples.

Thanks for your immediate responses.

I have only one small doubt. Can we set requests to be consumed by only one
consumer, means like a pull operation. Once consumed it shouldn't be
available for other consumers. Is this possible?

I am very new to kafka, that's why I am asking this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
PrasannaKumar.
Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasanna Kumar Jalakam <pr...@imimobile.com>.
Hi Neha,

On zookeeper console it is appearing only once. But in Kafka - server
console I am getting the following exception continuously when ever
application tries to send some request.

kafka.common.LeaderNotAvailableException: Leader not local for topic test2
partition 0 on broker 0
        at
kafka.server.ReplicaManager.getLeaderReplicaIfLocal(ReplicaManager.scala:168)
        at
kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$appendToLocalLog$2.apply(KafkaApis.scala:271)
        at
kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$appendToLocalLog$2.apply(KafkaApis.scala:266)

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Prasanna,

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.