Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/16 18:26:33 UTC

JSPWIKI-502 : security issue or not ?

Devs, especially Andrew,

I would like your opinion on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-502

When (Lucene)searching the wiki should we tell you that a page contains the
search word while you are not authorized to view the page ?

regards,
Harry

Re: JSPWIKI-502 : security issue or not ?

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.
I was planning on re-working Search.jsp soon anyway, so I might be
able to do this.  Not sure, though...

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes , I agree, and we can't ignore what people have requested then.
Simply implementing what the initial request in JSPWIKI-502 was, is not an
option.

But what I meant with my call is asking what people think of the two options
that might be acceptable:
- providing a jspwiki property to allow the functionality (and the default
should be off)
- providing my second suggestion to only tell that there are pages
containing the search words

I'm not trying to promote anything, I don't have a strong preference for
either option.

regards,
Harry

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.