Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alona Samardin <al...@mercury.co.il> on 2002/02/11 15:15:13 UTC

Error: 500 at JasperLiaison.setDependency while running jsp

Hi!

We are using Tomcat3.3 in our application and I have the following problem:
For instance I have Verify.jsp and all works perfect,but if somebody run
verify.jsp
and restart tomcat he see the following exception:

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.io.File.(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.setDependency(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Ajp12Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If now to remove work directory of tomcat and restart it will works untill
someone run it in inverse
case ,so this is not the sufficient solution for me.

Is this known bug in Tomcat and how to resolve it?

Alona Samardin
Topaz Site Team
Mercury Interactive Israel