Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu> on 2006/07/27 16:56:18 UTC

JMeter and ActiveMQ

I downloaded a recent version of ActiveMQ and am trying to get it to work
with JMeter but haven't had much luck unfortunately. I did a brief search on
the mailing list here but couldn't find anything I could use. I found a
JMeter article that says I need the following jars for activeMQ 3.0, but I
can't find most of these in 4.0. I tried to copy all the ActiveMQ jars I
could find into the JMeter lib/id_ext directory but it still won't find any
elements under the Sampler menu representing JMS. Can someone please point
me where I can get the needed jars?

11.6 Libraries for ActiveMQ 3.0
The following libraries have to be supplied in the lib\ext directory of
JMeter:

activation.jar
activeio-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
activemq-3.0.jar
activemq-core-3.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
concurrent-1.3.4.jar
geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc4.jar
geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0-rc4.jar
geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar
jms.jar
jndi.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
spring-1.1.jar

Re: JMeter and ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link - I've updated the wiki page...

http://activemq.org/site/jmeter-performance-tests.html

On 7/27/06, sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu> wrote:

> James,
>     thanks a lot for the help. I figured it out. There are SO MANY versions
> of JMeter and lucky me -- I kept taking the wrong ones even though I tried
> about 6 versions now. The CORRECT URL (you may want to update the ActiveMQ
> website) is:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/
>
> (follow the links to download from there). JMS support is all built-in...

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: JMeter and ActiveMQ

Re: JMeter and ActiveMQ

Posted by sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>.
This looks interesting but I would like to compare this to other JMS
providers which is why I was originally trying to setup JMeter so that I
could run the same suite of tests. I have some concrete test requirements
that I would like to run so JMeter looked like the right tool to use. I will
look at the performance plugin also but would still prefer to use JMeter if
possible.

Re: JMeter and ActiveMQ

Re: JMeter and ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You might want to try out the new Maven 2 performance plugin...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html

On 7/27/06, sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu> wrote:

> I downloaded a recent version of ActiveMQ and am trying to get it to work
> with JMeter but haven't had much luck unfortunately. I did a brief search on
> the mailing list here but couldn't find anything I could use. I found a
> JMeter article that says I need the following jars for activeMQ 3.0, but I
> can't find most of these in 4.0. I tried to copy all the ActiveMQ jars I
> could find into the JMeter lib/id_ext directory but it still won't find any
> elements under the Sampler menu representing JMS. Can someone please point
> me where I can get the needed jars?
>
> 11.6 Libraries for ActiveMQ 3.0
> The following libraries have to be supplied in the lib\ext directory of
> JMeter:
>
> activation.jar
> activeio-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> activemq-3.0.jar
> activemq-core-3.0.jar
> commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
> concurrent-1.3.4.jar
> geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc4.jar
> geronimo-spec-j2ee-management-1.0-rc4.jar
> geronimo-spec-jms-1.1-rc4.jar
> geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc4.jar
> jms.jar
> jndi.jar