Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Landon Fabbricino <LF...@agrium.com> on 2008/04/17 21:30:02 UTC

Tomcat JSP issues

Hello,

We are using Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 and when we go to the sample JSP
pages or our own jsp application, it breaks with a servlet exception.
(BTW servlets are still working).  When I first installed tomcat all of
the example jsp loaded correctly, just recently (after added a new
application war file) they stopped loading - not sure if it was from the
application war file addition or not..

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/jsp2/simpletag/hello.jsp
When we go to this page, here is the following error we see.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:274)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

root cause

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
	org.apache.jsp.jsp.jsp2.el.basic_002darithmetic_jsp._jspInit(basic_002darithmetic_jsp.java:22)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:159)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.16 logs.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Landon Fabbricino
IT Applications

Phone: 403.225.7515
Fax: 403.225.7604
lfabbric@agrium.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE !
This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action
taken in reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than
the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in
anyway, waive privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this
E-Mail in error please immediately delete it and notify sender at the
above E-Mail address.
Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and
outgoing E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail
management practices and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail
and attachments you receive for the presence of viruses. The sender and
Agrium accept no liability for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise
by the transmittal of this E-Mail.

RE: Tomcat JSP issues

Posted by Antonio Vidal Ferrer <an...@globalia-sistemas.com>.
Hi Landon,

Check if you have jasper.jar in you’re the application you recently added. If so, remove it  and restart tomcat. Then try again.

Best,

Toni

Re: Tomcat JSP issues

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.