Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by GautamPr <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 08:46:51 UTC

Thread not passing through If Controller even if the conditions are valid/true.

Hi all,
Thanks for all previous replies.....
Let me explain my quest: can anybody tell me what is the unique response
from the server when i login to it with ID and Password, which i can extract
using Regex and use further for comparing in If Controller,so that only the
filtered thread cud be executed??
I want my test to continue only when the userId and password is right.......
 please gimme the text of regular exprn to be entered in the REgex extractor
window..
Is there anyway to display this passing or failure msg in new pop up
windows(not on console)??

Plz help me out. I am new to Jmeter.
apologies if i fail to explain my question.......

Regards,
Gautam.

Re: Thread not passing through If Controller even if the conditions are valid/true.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
>can anybody tell me what is the unique response from the server when i
login to it with ID and Password
Its your application and your application code that determines the response.
for e.g. it may be that success is denoted by some content showing(welcome
username!)  or some url being fetched(redirect to loggedin page) whereas
failure has an explicit error message(login failed!) or multiple error
messages , note these are just samples , your application determines what it
does, there is no generic answer for this , nor can we provide you any regex
to test against. you should be able to determine this using any browser
sniffing tool what your application does, if you cant then speak to a
developer of your application

> Is there anyway to display this passing or failure msg in new pop up
Not in a new popup but you can fail the test in which case most of the
listeners will show you that an error has occurred.