Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Bernard BRIAND <jb...@free.fr> on 2006/09/24 01:56:33 UTC

Mod_jk : increase maxfilesize for download

Hello,

I use Tomcat 4.1.31, Apache 2.0.46 and mod_jk 1.2.18.

I can't download a file with a size greatest than 71Ko over mod_jk. With a
direct access to Apache or Tomcat i can download a file greatest than 5Mo.

How can i tune my connector for serve this download ?

Sorry for my english ....

Bye,
Jean-Bernard BRIAND
<ma...@free.fr>

Re: Mod_jk : increase maxfilesize for download

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
This is not an expected behaviour.

Any errors on the mod_jk or the tomcat side?

What are your mod_jk settings (Jk* ind httpd.conf and
workers.properties), what are your AJP13 connector settings on the
tomcat side?

Regards,

Rainer

Jean-Bernard BRIAND wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your respawn but my problem is the size of file to download and
> not the numbers of simultanous download.
>
> bye,
> Jean-Bernard BRIAND
> <ma...@free.fr>

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a
53111 Bonn

Tel.: 0228/98549-0
Fax:  0228/98549-50
www.kippdata.de
=======================
kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Str. 33a
D-53111 Bonn

Tel.: +49/0228/98549-0
Fax:  +49/0228/98549-50
www.kippdata.de

Re: Mod_jk : increase maxfilesize for download

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Martin Gainty wrote:

Umm no.

> If you're not using a DB to handle the storage of these large units AND

How data is stored has no impact on how it is transmitted.

> If you're not using any type of CompressionFilter
> then you will have to break up your transmission to individual fragments inside threads
> and then reassemble the individual these fragments at the other end

Tomcat should easily handle files in the tens of megabytes range. As
Rainer said earlier in this thread, the limit experienced by the OP is
not expected.

Mark

Re: Mod_jk : increase maxfilesize for download