Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by arterzatij <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 00:41:22 UTC

Re: BigDecimal on Tapestry pages

Hi,

Currently I tested with 'en' locale and it works well, so bigdecimal is not
the problem. But when I changed to 'es' locale (I live in Mexico), it gets
the decimal separator as ',' ,on my regional settings of OS and browser are
configured to handle '.' as decimal separator. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: BigDecimal on Tapestry pages

Posted by ICE Ernesto Arteaga Zavala <ar...@gmail.com>.
I have this on my app module:

public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(
MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration) {

// Defines english, spanish as supported locales
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en,es");
}

when I remove 'es' everything goes fine,

public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(
MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration) {

// Defines english, spanish as supported locales
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en");
}

but when I remove 'en' living 'es' the problems are coming...

public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(
MappedConfiguration<String, String> configuration) {

// Defines english, spanish as supported locales
configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "es");
}

2012/8/14 Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>

> In your module class, if you add:
>
> public static void
> contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, String>
> config) {
>     config.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en");
> }
>
> then T5 should only support English, meaning only full stops should be
> used as decimal separators. See
> org.apache.tapestry5.services.LocalizationSetter for more details.
>
> Steve.
>
> --
> Steve Eynon
> -------------------------------
> "If at first you don't succeed,
>    so much for skydiving!"
>

> On 14 August 2012 06:41, arterzatij <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently I tested with 'en' locale and it works well, so bigdecimal is
> not
> > the problem. But when I changed to 'es' locale (I live in Mexico), it
> gets
> > the decimal separator as ',' ,on my regional settings of OS and browser
> are
> > configured to handle '.' as decimal separator. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --

Saludos,

"Nada que se consiga sin pena y sin trabajo
 es verdaderamente valioso."
                                          Joseph Addison

ICE Ernesto Arteaga Zavala
Ingeniero de Desarrollo