Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 11:32:04 UTC

eclipse plugin classpathContainer and JRE_CONTAINER

Hello,

The eclipse plugin allows to set custom classpathContainer. It will force "
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" in this list if not set (with a
warning).

I have a use case to set the target environment in my application modules
for warious JRE. I'm using the JRE container string :
"
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.4
"
This is resolved by eclipse (3.2.1) by searching the nearer installed JRE
for the target environment " J2SE-1.4".

I can't set this classpathContainer without geting duplicated entries for
JRE.

Would you consider not just looking in classpathContainers list for "
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER ", but search for an entry that
STARTS-WITH "org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER", so that any eclipse
JRE_CONTAINER String can be set ?

Nico.

Re: eclipse plugin classpathContainer and JRE_CONTAINER

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I just discovered MECLIPSE-172 about this.

Is there any plan to include it into maven-eclipse-plugin 2.3 ?

Nico.