Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@apache.org> on 2016/06/07 06:37:12 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] Migrate Apache Commons IO to git

Hello,

I'd like to call a VOTE by LAZY
consensus for migrating the Apache Commons IO component to git. Please
object to this vote if you see a problem with this. Otherwise this vote
will be considered as passed after 72 hours from now (10th June 2016, 09:00
CET)

Thank you,
Kristian

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Migrate Apache Commons IO to git

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Migrate Apache Commons IO to git

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 10, 2016 10:23 AM, "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 1:05 PM Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I think mailing the list for each component is nice. It seems polite,
less
> > overbearing and less brute-force; IOW more community oriented. The VOTE
is
> > nice because it gives folks a few days to voice and record their
objection
> > (I do not plan on objecting ;-). You could [POLL] the list with a "what
> > components should move" message and then have a single [VOTE].
> >

> If none of us object to the components moving if they see fit, then let's
> just say that and avoid the formality.  Sure, a nice heads-up from the
> component saying "foo is getting ready to move to Git", but they shouldn't
> really need to ask permission if we're all okay with it.

I'm sorry to go on about this because I do see Commons as a better place
with Git but...

> they shouldn't
> really need to ask permission if we're > all okay with it.

Isn't a VOTE, lazy perhaps or POLL the simplest way to find out "if we're
all OK with it"? A LAZY VOTE seems like right tool to me.

Gary

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 10. Juni 2016
> um 14:14 Uhr:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Kristian Rosenvold
>> <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > This vote passes by lazy consensus.
>>
>> So, again: Who's next?
>>

> Pick one you like. How about FileUpload?

Hooray for my good ole FileUpload!

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Migrate Apache Commons IO to git

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
This vote passes by lazy consensus.

The following people have voted +1:

- Jochen Wiedmann
- Sergio Fernández
- Gary Gregory
- James Carman

I'll take care of the migration and keep the ML updated about the progress.

Regards,
Kristian (Master of ^C^V)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
+1