Posted to wsrf-dev@ws.apache.org by "Springer, Ian P." <ia...@hp.com> on 2004/12/21 20:47:09 UTC

Proposal to cut a beta release of Apollo

I propose that we cut a beta release of Apollo 1.0. The main purpose is
to get a dist out there that people can download and play with, comment
on, etc. IMO, having to check the code out of SVN and build via Maven is
too high a barrier of entry for many potential users. The code base is
in a reasonably mature state and has a robust set of unit tests. It
fully implements all WSRF 1.2 specs, with the exception of
WS-ServiceGroup. A tutorial is also included.

A preliminary cut of what the release will look like is available for
perusal at http://www.apache.org/~ips/apollo/.

Please respond to this email asap with your vote on whether or not we
should cut a release (use the Apache voting system described at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html).

Thanks.
--Ian

Re: Proposal to cut a beta release of Apollo

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

-- dims