Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 01:00:04 UTC

Slides of Presentation

Hi to all,
if could be useful to someone, in attach you can find the Slides for
my presentation of last week to JUG Torino, or better for my
"Introduction to Pivot", in English.

The original file is in OpenOffice 3.1.x Impress format, and the PDF
is generated from it.

Tell me what you think.

If you think they are OK, we could put them in SVN /under
/presentations or other main folder, or other ...), but that folder
doesn't exist at the moment, so be free to create it and maybe save
files inside, or tell me.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Slides of Presentation

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi to all,
this time you can find inside the zip the PDF version (dropped last time by
mail server).
I'm posting from nabble so tell me is something is wrong in the upload.

Michael, thanks for the review, this was my first presentation after years,
and was targeted to an high-level overview and for informal speaking ... but
for the next I'll take care of suggestions.

Thank you again.

Bye,
Sandro

http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/file/n867235/Apache_Pivot_-_Presentation_to_JUG_Torino_-_2010-05-28_pdf.zip
Apache_Pivot_-_Presentation_to_JUG_Torino_-_2010-05-28_pdf.zip

Re: Slides of Presentation

Posted by Michael Bushe <mi...@bushe.com>.
Looks good, Sandro.

Some suggestions:
- Start with a demo, it will pique the audience's interest so they can get
through the significant "why" list.
- More padding between the lines of text will look better - use more slides,
or maybe a smaller font.
- Maybe intersperse demos within the why pages - demo'ing certain parts
(skins, web queries, etc.)?

Michael Bushe
Principal
Bushe Enterprises, Inc.