Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/03 14:03:10 UTC

accidental force push

I accidentally did:

git push origin --force

ugh - i couldn't stop it in time and a bunch of branches got updated. i'll
need to review and see if any of those branches mattered (i don't think
they did). I'll post back here when I've had a chance to review any damage
in full. Note that tp31, tp32, and master were all unaffected. Here's what
i think got updated:

https://gist.github.com/spmallette/d1bc6d695727b4011675bc30014e017e

Anyway, please just be aware of that in case you do a pull and weird stuff
happens. And to avoid being a dummy like me, you might want to setup git
with:

git config --global push.default simple

the default setting isn't so good obviously.

Re: accidental force push

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
well  - that was easier to review than i thought. those branches listed are
all merged already. i don't think anything bad happened. please let me know
if you see anything weird that i missed.