Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/12/04 17:44:54 UTC

Map Reduce on Cassandra Store

Hello!

Has anyone tried to run MapReduce analytics on data stored in Cassandra? I feel like I saw a patch once to get hadoop working on top of Cassandra, but I can't find it now. I know that Hadoop integration is big on people's wishlists for future versions of Cassandra, but I'm just curious as to what's available now.

Can anybody out there lend me a hand, or should I stick to HBase? Thanks a lot!

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original message.

RE: Map Reduce on Cassandra Store

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.
AH, there we go. Thanks a lot Ryan!

-Mark

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Mark Vigeant
<ma...@riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> Has anyone tried to run MapReduce analytics on data stored in Cassandra? I
> feel like I saw a patch once to get hadoop working on top of Cassandra, but
> I can't find it now. I know that Hadoop integration is big on people's
> wishlists for future versions of Cassandra, but I'm just curious as to
> what's available now.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-342

There's no easy way to do it now, but I know we will certainly need it
at some point (as will others), so I'm sure it will eventually happen.

-ryan

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.