Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 14:55:56 UTC

mapred.reduce.tasks

In MapReduce job how reduce tasks numbers are decided ?
I haven't override the mapred.reduce.tasks property and its creating ~700
reduce tasks.

Thanks

RE: mapred.reduce.tasks

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
Hi

In MapReduce , number of reducers launched is set by property “mapreduce.job.reduces”. And via java API Job#setNumReduceTasks(int tasks).

In your MR job, somewhere in the program  they are setting number of reducer task using java API or property. May be you can check the MR job or property file or configuration file which are loading at client.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S