Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2014/09/03 22:55:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hadoop 2.5.1

Hi folks

Now that all issues with target 2.5.1 are committed, I am planning to cut
an RC for 2.5.1 this Friday. The fixes going into 2.5.1 are -
http://s.apache.org/2Mz

Are there any other "Blocker" issues that we would like to get into 2.5.1?
If there are any, please mark them as "Blocker" and target "2.5.1".

Committers - please avoid committing non-blockers to 2.5.1.

I have put together a new wiki for the release process
<https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToReleasePostMavenizationWithGit>. Would
greatly appreciate any eyeballs I can get on improving it. The wiki
reflects our migration to git, the updated create-release script that
avoids manual massaging of tarballs and other minor improvements.

Thanks
Karthik