Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 21:36:36 UTC

Ensure Axis 1.3 will work for you.

Hi folks,

We'd like publish an Axis 1.3 final release soon (early next month). If
there's a bug you wish to see fixed in Axis 1.3 final, read on...

- If there is no bug currently in JIRA
(http://issues.apache.org/jira), please create one.
- If there is a bug existing in JIRA, then make sure there is enough
information to recreate the bug and add your comments in JIRA that you
are willing to help fix (or review the fix) for that bug.
- Make sure you try latest CVS to ensure that problem still exists and
can be recreated with a stripped down test case. You can pick up a
nightly build at:
  http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly/
- If you need a snapshot of the sources
  - pick a tar from (http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ws-axis/)
  - use CVS directly (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cvs.html)
- If you wanna build the sources - details are at:
  http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/building-axis.html
- Please cast a VOTE on existing bugs in JIRA to indicate that you are
interested in getting a specific bug fixed.
- We sometimes use IRC to chat. #apache-axis on irc.freenode.net
- If you have a patch, please submit it against the latest CVS.
details on patches submission are at:
  http://wiki.apache.org/ws/SubmitPatches
- If you have the time, please run "ant clean all-tests" from the
ws-axis/java directory. this will run all the tests to ensure that
your patch has not broken any other tests.

Bottom Line: IF you REALLY want a bug fixed, submit a patch against
latest CVS and make sure you have a test case for us to recreate the
problem and check the fix and prevent future check-ins from breaking
your "feature".

Thanks,
dims