Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com> on 2011/02/24 07:59:36 UTC

Can UIMA extract postal address information from text?

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to text parsing/NLP and I was wondering if UIMA can be used to extract mailing addresses from blocks of text, ie:

"Let's meet at 123 Evergreen St., Los Angeles, CA 90110 tomorrow at 10AM" => "123 Evergreen St., Los Angeles, CA 90110"

If not, then what tools are out there that can help me accomplish this? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

Re: Can UIMA extract postal address information from text?

Posted by Drew Kutcharian <dr...@venarc.com>.
Hi Anuj,

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you know of any examples? Or can you help me do this (paid work).
Like I said, I'm very new to NLP, so everything still looks a bit "magical".

- Drew

Posted by Anuj Kumar <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Drew,