Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2003/09/17 19:59:29 UTC

Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project

The Web Services PMC has voted to accept jUDDI (http://www.juddi.org)
into the Apache Incubator. See the jUDDI Proposal for more
information: http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?
ProposalForJUDDI.

All jUDDI committers have been asked to complete and submit the ASF
Contributor License Agreement (mine should already be on file) and I
would now like to respectfully request the following resources be
created to get the move to the Incubator rolling:

  Create jUDDI mailing lists and archives:
      juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
      juddi-user@ws.apache.org
      juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

  Create ws-juddi CVS:
      configure viewcvs
      commit mails should be sent to: juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

  Setup jUDDI Wiki area

  Setup jUDDI Bugzilla

Please let me know if the "general@incubator.apache.org" list is not
the correct place/mechanism to make these requests.

Thanks.

Steve
steve@viens.net

Re: Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:39:49 +0200
Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Uuhhmmm. Not sure but I think that it is reasonable to split
> > the mailing lists into user/dev/cvs from the beginning.

> All "small" projects are much better off with one single mailing list,
> where developers and users are more involved together. Split happens
> when the traffic becomes two high for both parties.

> It's quite easy to add a user mailing list after a couple of weeks of
> evident high traffic.

It should depend upon the decision of each TLP PMC members, not
Incubator ... don't you think so?

__ Tetsuya <te...@apache.org> __

Re: Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0700
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0700, Steve Viens wrote:

>>>  Create jUDDI mailing lists and archives:
>>>      juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
>>>      juddi-user@ws.apache.org
>>>      juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org
>
>>What is the size of this project's community? For starting communities,
>>I disagree with the notion of separating the dev and user groups. I
>>think all discussion ought to happen on the dev list, in front of the
>>people who are implementing the code. The devs should not be that out
>>of touch from their users.
>
>>If the community is already large, and the split is necessary, then
>>fine. But the experience on incubated projects has pretty uniformly
>>shown that the split is not justified.
>
> Uuhhmmm. Not sure but I think that it is reasonable to split
> the mailing lists into user/dev/cvs from the beginning.

All "small" projects are much better off with one single mailing list,
where developers and users are more involved together. Split happens
when the traffic becomes two high for both parties.

It's quite easy to add a user mailing list after a couple of weeks of
evident high traffic.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Setup Incubator resources for WS jUDDI Project

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:59:29AM -0700, Steve Viens wrote:
> >   Create jUDDI mailing lists and archives:
> >       juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-user@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

> What is the size of this project's community? For starting communities,
> I disagree with the notion of separating the dev and user groups. I
> think all discussion ought to happen on the dev list, in front of the
> people who are implementing the code. The devs should not be that out
> of touch from their users.

> If the community is already large, and the split is necessary, then
> fine. But the experience on incubated projects has pretty uniformly
> shown that the split is not justified.

Uuhhmmm. Not sure but I think that it is reasonable to split
the mailing lists into user/dev/cvs from the beginning.

> >       juddi-dev@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-user@ws.apache.org
> >       juddi-cvs@ws.apache.org

would be reasonable.

> However, you should also provide patches to the incubator-site module
> to get the relevant Incubator web pages fixed up properly. And where
> you see other patches about the Incubator process or info or whatever,
> submit those, too. The Incubator site itself needs assistance...

I'd love to assist. How can I?

Cheers,

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/

Re: Please create a juddi-user@ws.apache.org list.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1 from me. CC'ing pmc@ws.