Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Paradise <pa...@qualcomm.com> on 2001/06/13 18:56:10 UTC

LDAP taglib: Able to retrieve metadata?

Hi all,

I'm a new user of cocoon (1.8.2, although willing to move to 2.0 if
need be) and I've been looking through the examples and I'm stuck on
how to implement something. I need to retrieve the metadata from an
LDAP server, specifically the attributes for a given objectclass.

I know that I could use an LDAP query to retrieve a search result set,
and then use XSP to grab the tag names instead of the values
themselves, but it appears that the LDAP tablib will not return an
empty tagset for optional attributes that are not defined.

What is the best way to go about retrieving the schema from an LDAP
server?

Thanks!

 Paul Paradise                                        Office: AE-209U
 Engineering Intern                      Email: paradise@qualcomm.com
 Corporate IT R&D                                   Tel: 858.651.5883
 Qualcomm Incorporated