Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/04/25 01:34:41 UTC

Maven project file: Anyone have or want one?

Too many hours building projects has started to get me down so I spent today
evaluating build systems.  Maven and its central repository provides the
sort of functionality I was trying to implement and it seems to be widely
adopted within the Jakarta community.

I'd like to use Maven to build slide, which is the next project I'm going to
dive into.  The Ant build file is fine but doesn't help getting all the
resources together, which is the part of building projects that I find so
hard to keep under control.

The Slide mail archives contain two references to Maven:

http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg05491.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03643.html

So I have two questions:

1.  Is the Slide team interested in using Maven?
2.  Does anyone have a Maven project.xml file for Slide?
3.  If not, would the community be interested in such a file if I create it?
(I may need a little assistance).

Regards,

Richard Hoberman