Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/20 00:24:07 UTC

Apache Jackrabbit 1.1 release candidate 1

Hi,

The first candidate packages of the Apache Jackrabbit 1.1 release can
be found at:

  http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.1-rc1/

See the RELEASE-NOTES.txt for more details about the release contents.
Note that I've excluded the numerous TCK issues from the list of fixes
and known issues since the TCK is not a functional part of Jackrabbit
core and even though the TCK test cases are included in the source
release within the Jackrabbit test suite, I don't want to send out the
signal that this would in any way be an official TCK release.

NOTE: I must confess that have totally forgotten the super-secret
passphrase of my original code signing key, so I had to create a new
key to sign the release candidate. The keyID of the new key is
A355A63E and the key can be found at subkeys.pgp.net and at:

    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/KEYS

Please take a look at the packages and let me know if you spot any
problems. The license header and copyright notice issues reported in
JCR-573 still need attention, but otherwise the release candidate
should be pretty much ready. If there's some pending issue that you'd
still want included in the 1.1 release, now would be the last
opportunity to speak up.

If no major issues pop up and the license header issues are resolved
in time, I plan to create the final release artifacts and start the
release vote by the end of this week.

BR,

Jukka Zitting