Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/09/16 19:14:41 UTC

should we move tests calling PerlInitHandler Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup into a vhost

I wonder if we can get a bit of a test suite overall run-time speedup by
moving tests that call:

PerlInitHandler Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup

into a vhost. At the moment we have:

t/response/TestModules/reload.pm:PerlInitHandler
Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup Apache::Reload
t/response/TestModperl/cookie.pm:PerlInitHandler
Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
t/response/TestModperl/sameinterp.pm:PerlFixupHandler
Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
t/response/TestModperl/cookie2.pm:PerlInitHandler
Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup

especially reload.pm, since it runs two fixups.

Re: should we move tests calling PerlInitHandler Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup into a vhost

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> I wonder if we can get a bit of a test suite overall run-time speedup by
> moving tests that call:
>
> PerlInitHandler Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
>
> into a vhost. At the moment we have:
>
> t/response/TestModules/reload.pm:PerlInitHandler
> Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup Apache::Reload
> t/response/TestModperl/cookie.pm:PerlInitHandler
> Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
> t/response/TestModperl/sameinterp.pm:PerlFixupHandler
> Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
> t/response/TestModperl/cookie2.pm:PerlInitHandler
> Apache::TestHandler::same_interp_fixup
>
> especially reload.pm, since it runs two fixups.

I think it's a good idea, if only for the sake of self-containment of the
tests. I'll make it so.